Saturday, April 01, 2006

It's Ok to be Muslim: Today's Lesson

This morning, an elderly couple of the Jehovah's Witness came to my home with pamphlets. I kept the door open, nodded my head, and listened, but then one of our cats ran out, and the gentleman chased after it. Salvation became secondary, as we both chased the cat. Finally we got the cat (Mishmish) in the driveway. Then it was back to talking about evil in the world and its remedy in the Hereafter. I wasn't sure what remedies he thought were available to non-JW's. The man asked me what my name was. When I told it's "Ibrahim," he said, "Oh, you're Jewish?" I said, "Well, actually I'm Muslim." He looked down a bit and then said, "Oh, well that's OK too," coming back with a smile. He was polite and pleasant, and was appropriately brief. We spoke for a full minute about Abrahamic (or Ibrahimic) values and faith, and finally said our goodbyes. So, today my faith received an OK and was validated. A good start for a Saturday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Abu Adam said...

InshaAllah have some nice stuff in your house to give such people (Islamic CD or DVD, or something).

4/01/2006 3:29 PM  
Blogger Julaybib said...

A brothers once told me JWs tend to be pretty low key in evangelising Muslims, coz they know conversion by Muslims to JW is extremely rare.

Wasalaam

TMA

4/02/2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger thabet said...

I rememeber my dad used debate JWs who would knock on our door on a Sunday morning. He went to a missionary school in Pakistan, so he knows his Old Testament quite well. Some of them would argue for a bit, but then realise they weren't going to win, and just leave a copy of the Watch Tower.

4/04/2006 5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too had the pleasure of conversing with two JWs on a bright Saturday morning. They claimed that all sin goes away when you die. It dies with you. There's no accountability post death. Death is the accountability. I asked them, so if a new born dies, it goes stright to heaven but if a pedophile dies, all his sins die with him as well? They said yes.
My sister made like I had a phonecall and they left me with some pamphlets.

4/05/2006 1:15 AM  
Blogger Abu Adam said...

Focus of discussions - Tawheed. Let us focus our discussions on our belief in 1 God, just like the companions did. Don't allow them to lead the discussion, but lead it yourself. For more tips, take a look at Sheikh Yusuf Estes' site at http://www.islamtomorrow.com/ or http://www.watchislam.com/

4/05/2006 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home