Friday, March 21, 2008

Blog Snooze

I've been hitting the snooze button on this blog for many weeks. Not sure what to do with it. I've thought about putting it down gently, but felt bad about the thought. I've considered an "hiatus," but I dislike that overused word in the blog-context. Well, for me it's a combination of things: busy with school; working on stuff; ready to make a major decision, if the opportunity presents itself; and bored with blogs. I still peek in on various blogs, but it's clear that the pressure to keep a blog going begets pedestrian observations left and right (just like that one to the left).

In the non-pedestrian blog thimble, you may want to read this brief personal essay by G. Willow; or read Baraka's light flashes; or Prof. Ingrid Mattson's essay on Dutch desecration and extremism; or read the transcript of Sen. Obama's obscure speech on racism (ever hear of it?).

Well, happy Friday. Try to think of good things.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Neurocentric said...

We all come to this point, but there's no harm in it. Leave From Clay up for us to benefit from, but don't feel compelled to write just because we're here.

3/21/2008 9:52 AM  
Blogger fromclay said...

Neuro, that's a calm and balanced solution. Thank you.

3/21/2008 10:42 AM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

I agree with Neuro. I still peek in every few days to see if there is something new here. When there is, I am thrilled. When there isn't, I completely understand. But don't go away.

3/24/2008 2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaams,

I agree with TN & Umm Farouq. I always enjoy reading what you write when the spirit moves you, and hope the upcoming major decision is full of benefit for you insha-Allah!

Warmly,
Baraka

3/24/2008 4:30 PM  
Blogger fromclay said...

Thank you Umm and Baraka. If I were a super delegate, I would seriously consider voting for you folks (with a posh ambassadorial post). Also thanks for your du'a. Amin.

3/24/2008 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home