Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Eid(s) Mubarak: Now Fret-free

Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday (in Latin, ennie, meenie, miny mo), three separate days declared as the Muslim holiday. At least they're consecutive. (Ever see a straight line in the Middle East?) I used to fret about this. Now, it's all good. Until I'm elected Caliph, I will enjoy my non-responsibility and unabashedly partake of the "convenience" of choosing my day. I hope it's all accepted. May it be blessed and well received despite of ourselves -- as it always has been.

Meanwhile, gone fishing for a few days!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

`Eid Mubarak! =)

12/18/2007 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eid Mubarak! Dear Brother, to you and your family :)

Ya Haqq!

12/19/2007 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salamaat,
Eid Mubarak...One, two, three, it's all good. The more the merrier (?)

12/20/2007 7:15 AM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Fishing! I want my kids to understand what it is like to put worms or crickets on a hook.

If we could only find some water here...

Eid Mubarak and here's to R & R.

12/22/2007 2:01 AM  
Blogger Abuljude said...

Fishing? Now?

I have a wonderful mental picture of you in a musty wooden shack, bundled in a very non-PC fur coat, icicles forming on your beard, with a line going down into a hole in the ice, your eyes shut with a paper-flat expression, chanting "Aummmm... Aummmm... Aummmm...'

12/24/2007 10:21 AM  
Blogger fromclay said...

AJ, do you dabble in remote viewing? Uncanny. You prompt me to put this photo.

Umm Farouq, kids haven't lived until they hook live bait: worms to minnows. Yeah, I can see the problem: Jordan, water, fishing. Hmmmm.

12/24/2007 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home