Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Waxing Esoteric

Ramadan is coming up in a week or so. I'm writing an article on it. I challenge anyone to write about Ramadan without going nuts esoteric-wise. I have about 1500 words and have yet to say anything earthly. I guess that's ok, but everything needs a handle: from bikes to pop spirituality. There's a lot of "soul" and "spirit" and "ephemeral" and the like. There's "inner" and "private" and "peace" and "desires" and "control" and "God-consciousness" and "revelation" and more, like "counterculture" and "marketing imagination" and a mess of swipes at "materialism" and "attachment to the fleeting" and "servitude to economics" and "war, what is it good for!" (not really). So when I put up the link to the article, please be warned (in a holy way) . . . . whatever. Peace everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home